Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2013

On To New Things: Yoga

Just wanted to run through a quick update. This past Tuesday, I decided to try something new: YOGA!



I have always been all talk about taking a Yoga class, now that I have the time and energy I thought I would give it a try. Many people have told me the overall benefits of doing yoga and more specifically to help in my weight training. A friend of mine is a Yoga instructor and she let me crash her class for free so I couldn't say no. I am always ready to try or learn something new related to Health and Fitness.  I drove to Ballys in SSF and took a 55 min class. Boy was I in for a surprise, I didn't realize that yoga would make me sweat and be as intense as it was. It started off as some simple stretching and got into more intense poses and balancing, as it got more intense I started sweating, not just a little bit but my forehead was drippin. Wow what a workout! I really liked the cool off period at the end, being able to do some personal stretching and lying there on my back escape the harshness . My thoughts were, dang this stuff is pretty hard, its new to me as I said and I really did like the session. The Yoga helped to warm my body up and open up my range of movement, I felt refreshed and relaxed after the session. I was also a bit sore and tired but I am used to that. It was definitely a challenge and I plan on taking her class once a week starting March. My goals for taking Yoga is to improve my gym sessions by increasing my flexibility and strengthening my core. I will update on how Yoga is going maybe once a month or so. Also I found a favorite pose, the only reason its my favorite is I squat ATG!! haha  I have posted it below! Thanks Jess for the opportunity! :)

Garland Pose


No comments:

Post a Comment