Its been a little while since I wrote on here....ok a looooooooooooong while but I've been quite busy as of lately and there are lots of things to update about as well as many things i have to write yet haven't made the time to. hmm where to start..
Weeks back I joined the BSN Summer shred on Bodybuilding.com to give me more motivation for my cut. I am 7 weeks out from finishing the challenge. I weighed in at a new low this past Wed @ 170.8lbs. Currently doing a write up about each weeks successes and failures for the contest, which i will post on here when I am done with the challenge. I am striving to win the challenge but won't be disappointed if I don't win, It would be nice to at least place and the fact that I know I have further evolved and in a better place than when i started.
I am still doing a modified Paleo diet with about 1-2 cheat meals a week and cheat items on occasion. A few weeks back I added Intermittent Fasting in conjunction to Paleo. To break this down simply, it means that I fast for 16hrs and then consume all of my calories within an 8 hour period. For example my last meal will be finished by 10pm and the following day I won't consume any calories till 2pm or after. I am currently on my third week of this combination and its working well, my gut is shrinking a lot. I tend to hold a lot of fat in my abdominal region like a lot of people do and there is no way to spot treat fat so I am using Paleo and IF to lower my overall body weight so that my abs will start to show again.
I am no longer blenderless! I bought a Ninja Blender recently because I missed making shakes and the fact that it was only$98 bucks at costco, hella good deal yo!
I feel great but I have been feeling a little impatient because I have high expectations for myself and I wanted to see much more definition that I currently see. A good friend of mine told me that it really hasn't been that long since i started my fitness journey again and that I need to be impatient. She told me that I have made some amazing changes already and that soon more will come.
My workouts have been great, Still hitting PR's like crazy!!! currently doing a deload week then its back to the heavy weights. Yoga has been awesome, I actually feel like I am doing a lot better and my instructor told me a lot of my poses are looking better. Fact of the matter is last yoga class, I didn't completely feel like I was dying. My other main focus has been on stretching and mobility, definitely trying to stay injury free and feel better after workouts.
Supplements: I am currently on Protein powder (not every day), Creatine (5g), Xtend (intra workout supp), Fish oil (liquid), multivitamin and ZMA's.
You can do it! I need some extra motivation at times so your blog keeps me going =)
ReplyDeleteAww thats sweet dear! Thanks :D Keep up the good work too!
ReplyDelete