Protein Cookies
This weeks recipe is Protein Cookies. One might ask, what are protein cookies? I have a very large sweet tooth, I love desserts , so w hen i first starting dieting it was dreadfully painful. Having to cut out sweets was probably one of the hardest things i had to do. Recently i have found people making desserts with Whey protein powder, before i was curious if this would work. As you can imagine there aren't as many recipes online for these types of things. I found a base recipe on youtube and modified it to my liking. Its not perfect but it is edible and tastes pretty good.
The Items you will need:
1 3/4 cups of oats
6 egg whites
1 1/2 scoops of protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp of pumpkin
2 tbsp of stevia1/2 cup to a cup of Raisins (optional)
1 3/4 cups of oats
6 egg whites
1 1/2 scoops of protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp of pumpkin
2 tbsp of stevia1/2 cup to a cup of Raisins (optional)
Mix all dry ingredients together first then add the wet ingredients and mix them all together. This recipe can give you about 11, 2-inch cookies. Feel free to make them smaller but i thought that a 2-inch cookie would be a good size for a snack on the go.
In conclusion these made very good snacks, I brought a bunch to my Final presentation and everyone loved them. I plan to keep making these till I find a perfect recipe, next up trying to use oat flour instead of rolled oats.
*stevia- is a sugar substitute that is derived from the sweet leaf plant which is native to subtropical and and tropical areas of North and South America. It is 300 times the sweetness of sugar, it has recently become popular due to its low carbohydrate, low sugar and low glycemic properties.
This is pretty cool! "Jay" heehee. I'm getting back into shape for summer. I'll have to try it!
ReplyDelete-Sparkles